Gluten Free/Dairy Free Lemon Berry Muffins|
Author: Christian Chef Jay Gillett
Yield: 1 dozen muffins
- 2 Eggs (can use egg replacer)
- 3/4 c (180ml) Coconut Milk (can use any alternative I prefer SO Delicious!)
- 1/2 c (120ml) Oil
- 1 T (15ml) Lemon Zest
- 1 t (5ml) Vanilla
- 1/2 c (120ml) Sorghum Flour
- 1/2 c (120ml) Potato Starch (Not Potato Flour)
- 1/2 c (120ml) Quinoa Flour
- 3/4 c (180ml) Tapioca Starch
- 3/4 c (180ml) Sugar
- 1 T (15ml) Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 t (8ml) Xanthan Gum
- 1 t (5ml) Salt
- 1 c (240ml) Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375'F (190'C).
- Whip eggs until light and frothy. Add milk, oil, zest, and vanilla, then mix.
- In separate bowl measure out dry ingredients and blend.
- Slowly add dry to wet and mix until smooth batter is formed.
- Add berries and incorporate into batter.
- Place batter in lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
If you have a good recipe to share, or have a question about any of the techniques or ingredients mentioned in this one, please feel free to post it at our Facebook Page.